EUROSTAR COMMODITIES APPOINT DAVIDE D’AURIA
Appointment represents significant investment in new range of artisan Italian flours
Yorkshire based Eurostar Commodities has appointed Davide D’Auria as Technical Sales & Development Manager. Eurostar is a leading supplier of the finest commodities and innovative ingredients and this new role is a bold move further into the booming artisan pizza flour market.
D’Auria joins from Harrods where he was Senior Pizza Chef. He is a qualified expert Pizza Instructor and has worked in several prestigious restaurants in London and Pisa, Italy. D’Auria hails from a suburb of Naples and is the third generation of his family to be a chef. Starting ‘officially’ in kitchens at the age of 16, D’Auria is a graduate of the prominent Pizza Italiani News School where he was talent spotted and sponsored by Grandi Molini Italiani.
Philip Bull, Managing Director of Eurostar commodities said; “This is an exciting expansion of our innovation and development team. Davide will be a catalyst for new product development. We want to better understand what is important to pizza makers and provide them with the ingredients and inspiration to produce fantastic quality pizza and to embrace the very latest trends from Italy. We are about to unveil some very exciting new healthy and natural pizza flours made from beetroot, spinach and sweet potato.”
Davide D’Auria, Technical Sales & Development Manager, said, “Eurostar impressed me with their attitude to innovation while at the same time showing their long-term commitment to the traditions of authentic artisan Italian pizza. I’m delighted to start work experimenting with flours and food matching. There are big issues in the UK right now surrounding the development of healthy and natural pizza and high quality development in this area will be a big trend for 2018.”
D’Auria will be responsible for the UK market roll-out for the new and exclusive range of flours from Grandi Molini Italiani (GMI). GMI uses ground-breaking technology to create high quality flours that produce smooth doughs for artisan chefs. GMI has two centuries of experience in milling and has a long tradition of innovation and highest quality. Eurostar Commodities will exclusive launch their latest range in the UK to include;
· Pizza Veraci – 25kg - Extraordinarily digestible with a remarkable golden, tasty crust
· Pizza Italiani – 25kg - Type ‘00’ fragrant, tasty & easily digested. Particularly good for deep-dish
· Lievito Naturale – 5kg – Natural yeast type ‘0’ malted wheat flour. Increases extensibility to improve ‘rolling out’ / ‘stretching’. Characteristic flavour, crisp and fragrant with a golden colour
· Pizza Dorata – 25kg - Produced with Manitoba grain and a mix of Canadian and North American grains of great strength and tightness. Produces an extremely soft dough which firms up during fermentation
· Eurostar Commodities new pizza flours made from beetroot, spinach and sweet potato – available in 5kg and 25kg
Eurostar is an innovative family business from Yorkshire since 1994. Eurostar supplies over 10,000 tonnes of product to the UK and Europe every year, we are ingredients experts. Eurostar source the finest grains in small supply chains to ensure quality and provenance.
For further information please contact Helen Trevorrow or Vicky Hague at Green Row on
0794 000 9138.